PPG Industries is a diverse company. We have a global portfolio of businesses and product lines, with more than 46,000 employees in nearly 70 countries. Our employees are from wide-ranging nationalities, cultures, religions and ethnic, professional and educational backgrounds. Their diversity enables us to meet challenges quickly, creatively and effectively. We are committed to providing a fulfilling workplace, offering an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas of others.
- We have developed metrics that enable us to build our global workforce with careful attention to gender and diversity components, employee retention and talent management.
- Our business and functional leaders set goals related to diversity and monitor progress on a regular basis.
- In 2014, over half of our campus relations grants went to sponsoring programs or activities for diverse students.
- We recruit each year at events sponsored by organizations such as the National Society of Black Engineers, Society of Women Engineers, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers and National Black MBA Association.
- PPG is a member of the National Society of Black Engineers’ Board of Corporate Affiliates and has made grants towards its Summer Engineering Experience for Kids (SEEK) camps.
Employee Resource Councils
Our Employee Resource Councils offer employees a way to network, receive training and engage with peers at PPG. They include:
- Minority Leadership Council
- Women’s Leadership Council
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Council
- R&D Diversity Council
- Generational Diversity Council